Earnnest is a secure, convenient, digital payments platform that allows for a fully digital transfer of funds in real estate transactions. With Earnnest you can complete earnest money transfers digitally in minutes, saving you and your clients time and effort, while allowing you to avoid failed payments, delays, and fraud.
Keller Williams has partnered with Earnnest to bring you secure and convenient digital earnest money deposits, allowing you to request and receive payments at any time, from anywhere. If you don't have an Earnnest account, you can quickly and easily set up an account with Earnnest, then you will be able to utilize the Earnnest + Command integration to send earnest money requests through buyer Opportunities in Command.
As with all software dealing with sensitive information, it's not recommended to use public computers or shared system accounts when sending Earnnest money requests. In the case of an emergency where you need to use a shared or public computer, please be sure to either use Incognito mode, on your browser, or clear cache and cookies on your browser before closing the window.
Below we have provided a few links that explain how to clear cookies and cache on various browsers:
To send a digital earnest money request through Command:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your KW login credentials.
2. Click the Opportunities icon, , on the left side of the page.
3. Find the buyer Opportunity you want to send the request for, then click on the name of the Opportunity.
- If you are on a team, ensure you select the correct account to find the buyer Opportunity in question.
4. On the Opportunity details tab, in the Integrations section, find Earnnest and click Send Earnnest Request.
5. A pop-up might appear with a breakdown of the Earnnest money request process, click Continue.
- If you have a good understanding of the process, you have the option of checking the Don't show this message again checkbox, which will remove this step for future requests.
6. Enter the email address you have associated with Earnnest, then click Continue.
If you have never created an Earnnest account, you will be prompted to do so. Just enter the email address you want to associate with your new Earnnest account and follow the prompts to easily create your account.
7. You will receive a verification email from email@example.com. Copy the one-time 6 digit code and enter it into the next screen you see, on the Earnnest portal, then click Continue.
- This code expires after 5 minutes, so be sure to use it quickly.
8. Once your email is verified, Earnnest will send a verification text message to the phone number you have registered in their system. Enter the 6 digit code from the verification text, then click Continue.
9. As the buyer's agent, you should have your clients contact information. Select Yes, I have their email and phone, then click Continue.
- If you just finished creating your Earnnest account, you will see a welcome screen before this step, click Start a Payment Request.
- If you don't have the buyer's email and phone number, you can use the other option, which will send an invite over to the primary agent, that you will designate, where they will be able to enter the required information.
10. The Request Payment form will appear with the property address auto-filled (as long as you have submitted/resubmitted a Commission Request for the Opportunity). First, enter the buyer's name, email address and a phone number where they can receive SMS text messages. Then enter the earnest money deposit amount.
- The buyer's phone number you enter must be able to receive SMS text messages, this will be used to verify them as they set up an account to submit the payment.
11. In the Who's receiving the payment section, click the drop-down box, use the search, and select the approved escrow holder from the list. Below this drop-down, check the circle to confirm that the above listed Escrow Holder is the one on the purchase contract.
12. The email addresses showing in the Notification Receipts section will receive receipt notifications and represent you as the buyer, the buyer, and the escrow holder. Check the circle confirming that there is a Fully Executed Contract, then click Request $(amount).
1. The buyer will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a link for them to create an account and pay the earnest money.
2. Once the earnest money is paid, the payment receipt notifications will be sent to you, the buyer, and the escrow holder.