After you create an Opportunity, you can start moving it through the pipeline, adding information, attach a listing, and eventually close the Opportunity (or mark it as lost if the deal falls through). In the article below, we will walk you through how to do these things.
Once you start creating Opportunities, you will have two ways to access them:
Access Opportunities Through Contacts
1. The first is on the details page of the contact you created. Click the Contacts icon, , on the left sidebar, to access your contact list.
2. Click the name of the contact you want to manage.
3. Click the Opportunities tab at the top right of the page, then click the Opportunity title, and you will be directed to the Opportunity details.
Access Opportunities Through the Opportunities Applet
1. The second is within Opportunities. Click the Opportunities icon, , on the left sidebar.
2. Click in any phase to see your Opportunities and the stage they are in.
Move Opportunities Through the Pipeline
As your Opportunity progresses, click and hold the six dots, on the left of the Opportunity card, and drag the Opportunity to the correct stage. If you need to move it to another phase, drag the Opportunity to the correct phase above the stages. This will put the opportunity in the first stage of that phase.
As your Opportunity progresses, you will add more information, associate a listing with the Opportunity, and create/track offers.
Add Information to your Opportunity
Click on any Opportunity to view the details. Click the pencil icon,, on either the General Information or Seller Worksheet sections, to edit the information.
- Click here to learn more about the fields you can edit here.
Attach a Listing to an Opportunity
On the Listing side, when you get to the stage where you have taken the listing, you will add the listing to the MLS, and then select that listing in the Opportunity Details, once the listing pulls into Command. Click Select from Listings, when ready, then find and choose your listing.
On the Buyer side, you will do this once you get to the offer stage, and you will find the Select from Listings button in the offer details (this is one of the first steps in the offer creation process). You will attach a listing to each offer you create.
- To learn more about creating offers, click here. To learn more about managing offers, click here.
Once you move the Opportunity to the Closed phase, the transaction will be complete. If there is an estimated or set closed date that was entered into the Opportunity details, you will be asked to confirm the date after the Opportunity has been moved to the Closed phase. If you did not enter a closing date at all, you will be asked to pick one. You will be able to find the details for all funded transactions by checking the Closed phase of your Opportunities pipeline. Closed Opportunities will only show in your pipelines for 30 days, but you can use the All Opportunities search to find them later.
- Click here to learn how to use the All Opportunities search.
At any time in the transaction, use the Lost Opportunity button, at the top right of the Opportunity Details page, to close the transaction, if the deal falls through for any reason. This will add the lost Opportunity to your metrics which will eventually give you insight into where you can work to improve your close rate.
If you make a mistake with creating the Opportunity, or are just testing the system, there is a way to archive the Opportunity, without affecting your insights. When viewing your Opportunities in any given phase, click the three dots, on the Opportunity card, and choose Archive.
- Once you archive an Opportunity, you have the ability to restore it back to your pipeline in Command Settings. To learn how to do this, click here.
The system will not let you archive an Opportunity that is in the Under Contact, or Closed phases. You must move the Opportunity to the Cultivate, Appointment, or Active phase to see this option in the tool.
Please sign in to leave a comment.